Student Pilot Licence
The journey of taking to skies to achieve the dream or passion of been a pilot starts off with gaining a Student Pilot Licence. The Student Pilot Licence (SPL) is first qualification required, for the progression from dual flight (flying with an instructor) during which the practical aspect of principle of flight is taught as well as other air exercise until the student is deem knowledgeable and oriented on safety procedures to flying solo (alone). The first solo flight will be a memorable flight that will remain vivid in your memory forever, and a transition to the privileged realm of aviators.
Requirements for the issue of a Student Pilot’s Licence (SPL):
- You must be at least 16 years old, and there is no upper age limit.
- You must complete a formal medical examination with An Aviation medical examiner to obtain (Class I or II).
- You will need two passport size photographs.
- Copy of your I.D or Passport with Visa (International student).
- The School Admin team will assist in completing the Student Pilots Licence (SPL) application form.
- Payment of the prescribed licence fee to the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SA-CAA). The Student Pilot Licence (SPL) will be issued, enabling you to fly solo(alone) and under the trained supervision of your flight instructor.